There will be 4 Formative Assessments (FA) & 2 Summative Assessments (SA). FA will be of 25 marks each & may or may not be written test. It may be in the form of projects, quiz, oral test, etc. projects may be given individually or in groups. Parents will be informed in writing if the students are given any field work. In that case the teacher will accompany the students.
Summative Assessment will be of 90 marks each & will be “Pen & Paper Test”.
The academic session is divided into two terms:
- 1st Term (April-September) : - FA 1 (10%) + FA 2 (10%) + SA 1 (30%)
- 2nd Term (October-March) : – FA 3 (10%) + FA 4 (10%) + SA 2 (30%)
- Total (FA) 1+2+3+4= 40% + (SA) 1+2 = 60%
Promotion to the next higher class will be purely on merit basis & no further request will be entertained. It may be noted that promotion depends on the child’s overall performance throughout the year & not merely on marks scored in final examination. Moreover, to appear for the promotion examination students need to have 80% attendance during the year as per CBSE norms.
- Formative Assessment will be held every Friday.
- Students need to bring 2 test copies to appear FA test.
- After every test, parents need to put their signature
Please Note: Examination schedule are tentative & subject to change under extreme circumstances. In case of any unavoidable holidays the paper will be held after the completion of the entire schedule of the examination.